Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's not the heat, it's...wait....no, it's the heat....

Two days in a row of humid heatboxing, pavement radiating for miles with the wavy lines of baking asphalt. Holy crap, it's hot. We sweat it out yesterday knowing that there'd be some relief today, with fewer miles to pull on our way to Daytona Beach (60 from Titusville, where we'd stayed last night), but we had no idea that as we slept, a tropical storm was taking shape. I think it's already been named,-Barry? So, no rain today, just gusting wind right in our faces for the last 50 miles. It's been 7 days of straight riding, with no break days yet, and exhaustion is starting to hit us, one by one. As for myself, I'm getting a little burned out mentally. I'm not used to spending so much constant time in others' company, and it's wearing me a little thin. I might need to spread out a little, maybe take a day ahead of them and meet up somewhere. We'll see. George is fine, but physically slightly behind, and it's really hard to move slow all the time. Kevin's doing great, keeping pace and hanging with the pack. Jeff is starting to drive me crazy, he thinks he's a leader and he's not. He's constantly going against his own ideas, taking us too far off route for his own reasons.

It's my own cartharsis, I suppose. My own test. Dealing with others is something I've avoided for some time now.

Also, I'll be attending my first Baptist Church Service tonight. I hope they don't ask too many questions.

I'll post some photos later, or tomorrow morning, if I get the chance. We're about to push off.

1 comment: